Tips to Choosing a Colocation Data Center in Singapore
Choosing a colocation provider for your servers is never easy, there are a lot of things to consider, and it is often a costly affair if you decide to move later on. Below are ten tips on things to include in the process of finding the right colocation data center, Indosatooredoo.
1. Check whether the colocation provider has certificates for its data center, for example, PCI-compliant, SAS 70, verified or certified at level 4. Examine if your needs or your customers require any of these certificates (or others).
2. Make sure that the object has sufficient capacity or room to expand, so you do not have to move later if the object is full.
3. Check the reputation of Colocation’s online providers by sending them to Google and checking out industry blogs and forums that also show if they had big disconnect problems or something like that.
4. Ensure that the data center is a neutral carrier and has a good carrier selection for maximum flexibility. In large data centers or carrier hotels, it is likely to meet with me (MMR) for interconnection and possibly even with Internet exchange (IXP).
5. Study how much energy your equipment will take and check with the data center if they can provide cooling for this amount.
6. If you need colocation in several areas, consider using a large provider with multiple locations so that you can use the same provider for all your needs.
7. Check the latest annual reports for the company to make sure that they are financially stable, if the provider has to go bankrupt, you may face serious problems.
8. Make sure that you get all the relative prices, not just rack or cage and rent, also consider prices for remote hands, interconnection, extra power, etc.
9. If your company is trying to maintain a green profile, contact a colocation supplier that can offer renewable energy.
10. Find a data center that is in a suitable location, meaning that it should be easily accessible and not near to any dangers – Data Center Map is an excellent tool for that, you can search for colocation data center, Indosatooredoo and much more.
There are of course a lot of other factors to consider when choosing where to colocate your servers as well, but these are some of the primary things to consider about colocation.